Friday, September 2, 2011

My Crazy Life

    E Komo Mai to my page! Howzit ? I'm fine, thank you :) Well, my name is Tehani, but a lot of people call me "Hani". I was born on December 6th, in a small populated town in Hawai'i on the island of O'ahu called Kailua on the windward side of the island. I was raised 10 minutes away in Kane'ohe. In 2005, my family & I moved to Alameda, California and started going to Lum Elementary School. Two years later, I moved to Vallejo, California and attended Highland Elementary. I lived in Vallejo until the middle of my eighth grade year. We then moved back to Alameda, and I attended Will C. Wood Middle School. I have two brothers, Keola and Keli'i and one sister, Tasha.
                My father is originally from Germany, but was adopted at the age of two and moved to America since his adopted father was in the military. My mom on the other hand was born and raised in Kane'ohe, HI. She grew up with both her parents along with two sisters, and two brothers. In June of '96, when I was still in my moms womb, my dad was in a tragic car accident that caused him to be paralyzed from the waist down. It was a horrible thing we had to face. My brother and sister don't even remember seeing our father walk since they were so young. It's kind of hard to live with it, but together as a family, we learn to deal. My dad is a paraplegic who does swimming, bike riding and canoe paddling.
               My hobby is swimming and life guarding. I've been doing swimming for 6 years now. The very first swim team I was on was in Berkley, CA. I won about 7 ribbons on that team. The second swim team I was on was the Alameda Islanders, in Alameda, CA. I've never competed when I was on that swim team because i moved after a few months. The third swim team I was on was Vallejo Sharks. I've competed a few times when I was on that swim team. That was my favorite swim team out of all 3 swim teams I was on. I was on that team for 3 years. Also, I've did life guarding for two years while I was on the Vallejo Sharks. When I was on the swim team and doing life guarding at the same time i was swimming for 7 hours Monday through Thursday.
          The goals I want to reach is finishing high school then going to college to be an officer in the Coast Guard. Since I was little I always wanted to become an hero. My father was in the Navy , also was a paramedic, volunteer Fire fighter, and now he is a RN nurse at San Fransisco VA Medical Center, so I was I always around a hero. I've also wanted to become a nurse in the Army. The medical field and the Military is one of the things I want to become a part of since I love helping people.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I was Hawaiian, lol. I was just there this past summer, kind of. The first week of school, really. Do you go back often?
    Are you 'bouta join the Swim Team here? You should do rugby instead, its more fun. (:
    I think that's really cool how you seem to really look up to your dad as a hero and stuff. I hope you do get to do what you've always wanted. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete